Saturday, June 13, 2009

Disclaimer: No specific advice here. Please see your plastic surgeon in person. Reading this doesn't form a patient - doctor relationship.

Excerpted from Breast Implants Modesto page, click on running and breast implants.


“Dear Blanch, I ask my runner breast implant patients to refrain from running for a total of 4 weeks following surgery. During the first three weeks, they may walk LEISURELY ONLY, no power walking or walking with weights on their ankles or hands. Starting about the third week, they may do some light aerobic workout on a stationary bike. I ask that they do no more than 30% of their usual workout routine at this time. After the 4th week, they may do whatever they want to do. However, I always caution them to be careful and start out slow. As a runner myself, I find that if I do not run for 2 weeks, I lose quite a bit of what I had prior to the two weeks, even with regular running. Therefore, I ask that they then build up slowly week by week, taking time to reach their preoperative workout level by about the 10th week following surgery. A good supportive sports bra, which may be a bit uncomfortable initially is the Enell sports bra. This bra provides very good support following surgery during workout sessions. You may search the Enell sports bra on the internet. Best of luck to you and enjoy! Dr. T. Wu

No comments: