Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Cancer Survivor's Celebration at Doctors Hospital Modesto

This is the third year that I participated in this event at DMC (Doctor's Medical Center), Modesto. It featured guest speakers and I was the musical entertainment on the violin. I had tried to play the piano this year, but I didn't have the time to buy a portable digital piano - one that was portable enough for me. I'm not great a hauling heavy instruments. The event was run by Sima Nazi, RN who always pours her heart into these events. The turnout as before has been great. I even added a plug about the Docs play the pops fundraiser for Modesto Junior College . That's an even that I also participate in every year and attempt to co-organize. It actually rained a few drops today, but for the outdoor portion of the celebration event, it was sunny and without rain. I played a few selections: Theme from the God Father, Dance theme song from Scent of a Woman (Pour Una Cabeza), an excerpt of a violin show piece: Zigeunerweisen, and finally the Bach piece - Presto unaccompanied Sonata #1. We didn't this year make a mention of the Plastic Surgery Modesto practice that I'm involved with. But that's ok. So much press this year - we sometimes need to take a breather from the practice.

Another website related to our plastic surgery practice:
Plastic Surgery Modesto

No comments: